- All raw materials are subject to the RoHS Directive (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
- Complete renunciation of substances such as zinc, cadmium, lead and PVC
- A quality, environment, energy and safety management system certified by TÜV Austria ensures permanent monitoring of the raw materials
- Permanent supplier screening as part of the certified management systems
As we are a traditional Austrian company with more than 100 years of history, doing business sustainably has always been an integral part of our way of thinking and acting. Today we are the № 1 on the global market for self-inking stamps – and this success is closely interwoven with our holistic understanding of sustainability.
To us, sustainable economic success means combining economic, environmental and social goals.
- Heat recovery from production processes to heat our premises
- Cooling of the injection moulding machines with outside air
- 100 % green electricity
- Economical use of energy and raw materials
- Reduction of waste
- Recycling of reusable materials
- Approx. 80 % of all production waste is recycled
- 100 % recycling rate for parts not subject to mechanical stress
- The entire production is completely free of waste water
- Use of efficient and gentle production processes
- Avoidance of production waste
- More than 70 of the best-selling Trodat stamps are climate-neutral as standard.
- 1,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions saved purely through the reduction of fossil fuels, natural gas and electricity since mid-2001
- 250 tonnes of additional CO2 savings can be achieved by switching from heating oil to natural gas.
- Use of state-of-the-art, efficient and gentle production processes
- Responsible production
The office building of the Trotec headquarters in Austria is energy self-sufficient in terms of heating, cooling and ventilation.
We have been awarded the Austrian Ecolabel for more than 80 products (Trodat stamps).